Re: [Amps] Transformer core shorted to secondary winding??

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer core shorted to secondary winding??
From: "Will Matney" <craxd@engineer.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:14:05 -0500
Bill,

It definately has a high-ohm short in the secondary. They've wound the primary
on the outside which I dont like to do. That way the secondaries leaking to the
core instead of the primary. If the primary had been the first coil and it did
that, it would blow a fuse most likely. The best check to find it is use a
megger or a hipot, and it would make it show quickly.

Best,

Will