Re: [Amps] HP 3490A DMM

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] HP 3490A DMM
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:17:24 -0400
David,

For one to be in as good of shape with 5-1/2 digits, I figured was a bargin for
a bench meter. Most of these I've seen have been pretty rough. The instructions
tab that pulls outs is generally broke off in hunks, and the rest just beat up.
This one was about new looking. A link to it is below for anyone who would like
to see it. Those pics dont really do it justice as they are kind of dark. I
brightened them up some here for clarity when I looked it over. I wanted one of
these where I would have another 5-1/2 digit meter plus not have any keypads. I
have had to take too many keypads apart and try to clean them, or even replace
them if parts exsisted. This model uses all switches and a rotary switch to set
the functions. By it looking as good as it does, I'm hoping it wasn't used that
much to where the claibration may be pretty good. I have a few standards here
I'll check it with when I get it. I know when you see them at Tucker, and
Usedline.com, they run way more thant they
 do on eBay costwise.

That brings up a topic I was going to post later but might as well now. I'm
thinking about getting into the calibration business for folks like us who
don't have several hundred bucks to pay for calibration. I'm looking at buying
some more calibration standards to calibrate DMM's, and frequency counters
with. Before I do, I wonder if anyone one would use the service if the prices
were reasonable where one could afford it? If not, I'll hold off on buying the
equipment.

HP 3490A;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7533169098&category=58275&rd=1

Best,