Re: [Amps] Best way to tune a Dentron ML2500 ?

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>, "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Best way to tune a Dentron ML2500 ?
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:54:01 -0400
I disagree with your note 5.  Tuning the tune and load controls for maximum
smoke will sometimes give you too much grid current.  My Alpha 78 in the
manual mode, for instance, requires a slight clockwise tweak in order to
bring the grid current down to acceptable limits.  With the 8874's
replacement cost, you can bet I watch grid current like a mother hen.

Bob  W6TR