[Amps] Splitter combiner question.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Splitter combiner question.
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 05:57:55 -0400
Since my post the other day, I started investigating the types of splitter and
combiners mainly the 0 degree ones. I am more familiar with using the "Magic T"
180 deg type. My question is, I'm interested in learning a little about 3 port
splitter/combiners where you can use odd multiples like three sets of push-pull
amps. What little I've found shows a rough diagram and no schematics. I think
the inductors form a delta (series connection) but what about phasing of the
coils and about the resistor connections? If I could find something with a
schematic, I would understand what they do. I know there's a certain way the
resistors connect plus I'm still not sure on the coil connections. If anyone
could help on this, point me to a website about one, or send something by
e-mail, it would much be appreciated. A schematic showing the connections, and
phasing of the coils, with the resistor connections would be exactly what I'm
looking for. I am wanting to do a webpage about these and
  add it to my website for free public info. The two port 180 and 0 degree
types are really the same. I did check the Ma/Com website for anything from
Motorola and my Motorola handbooks and really didn't see anything.

Thanks,

Will