Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 32, Issue 12: Metric system

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 32, Issue 12: Metric system
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:39:32 -0400
Cliff,

Our friends in the UK can verify this as I know I'm not right one way. It was
either the Kings nose length or digit length of his index finger that made an
inch which he declared it. The other measurements came from other parts of his
body or the way I heard it. It's been so long since I remember that in school,
it's just a fuzzy memory.

There's a bunch of different weight measurements like US Gallon, or Imperial
Gallon. A Ton or a Metric Ton. Seems like they spell that Tonne somewhere too.
In other words, from the words of Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge as he
spoke to the general, "Sir it's a cluster F###".

Heck try doing the conversions in calculating transformers where you have
Teslas, Maxwells, Gauss, and Lines Per Inch. On top of that, the core is sized
in either MM or Inches, and try to keep it all straight!

Best,

Will