Re: [Amps] Metric system

To: Osten B Magnusson <sm5dqc@areteadsl.se>,Patrick Hoppe <phoppe@wi.rr.com>,"'Dr. David Kirkby'" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Metric system
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 20:09:24 +0200 (CEST)
Personally, I find working to 0.001 inch easier than working to 4 microns. This
is because I'm working to a single unit, rather than a number of them.
Beer is far better in 20ounce pints than 16 ounce, for obvious reasons.
However, there are some reasonable establishments in the US that serve quite
good beer in 20ounce pints.......
Remember the airliner in Canada that had to do a dead stick landing because of
the pounds/kilograms of fuel problem? Plus the space probe?
But for real fun, try integrated circuit design with feature sizes in microns
and chip sizes in thousandths of an inch......

73

Peter GW3RZP/P