Re: [Amps] Metric system

To: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Metric system
From: Dan K9ZF <n9rla@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 16:10:25 -0500
Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

>I can't see why people (especially hams, most of whome have an IQ > 80) have
>difficulty with the
>metric system.

Most people get discouraged, and confused,  because they keep trying to
convert back and forth between metric and "standard" measures.  But if
you get used to working in meters, liters, and degrees Celsius it's
really easy.

I was required to convert to the metric system about 5 years ago when I
went to work for a Japanese company [Plastics, Injection Molding]..  It
was a little awkward at first until I got used to the new units of
measure.  Now I never give it a second thought.

73
Dan

--
K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269