Re: [Amps] Metric system

To: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Metric system
From: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 10:05:49 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Well, as usual, once I posted the question of how to reduce yearly aging, I
figured out the answer - and it is quite simple.

The unit of aging is the year - which is the time it takes the earth to revolve
around the sun.  We simply convert to a different planet.  And, the work can be
removed by going to http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/age/

I am 251 years old on Mercury, but only .24 years old on Pluto.  Mars may be
the best choice, though, as it puts me at 32 years.

So, if someone tells you that you are cheating and in fact are so many days
old, the same conversion chart tells you how many days old you are on the
different planets.  You can select that too.

So, now, the question is whether a vacuum tube in space, is still a vacuum
tube?  At some point, will it become a pressure tube?  Or, can we build tube
amplifiers without the tube - using just the elements?  And, then, how do we
air cool something without air?

Colin  K7FM