Re: [Amps] 4-1000 Cooling

To: n5ot@n5ot.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4-1000 Cooling
From: "wc6w@juno.com" <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:32:57 GMT
Hi Mark,
  Pairing up the vent holes is trick from the 1960's.

  The example shown is not the cleanest.  A well done unit looks almost
"factory".

73 & Good morning,
  Marv WC6W

-- "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com> wrote:
> Anybody got any other alternatives for 4-1000
> chimneys besides 1 gallon pickle jars ?

I just bought a homebrew deck that used a modern day coffee decanter pot
(i.e. "Mr. Coffee" et al) with the bottom cut out of it, plus some aluminum
sheet for the chimney.  I'll try and take a photo of it.  Pretty whacky.

Then today on eBay I saw what's described as a "broadcast pull" but take a
look at the tube - the cooling holes in the metal base have been modified.
Is this a common mod?  Obviously someone thought they'd get more air through
the tube perhaps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5795994946&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

?

Mark, N5OT