Re: [Amps] audio black magic TSPA

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] audio black magic TSPA
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:48:19 -0500
>It is not in their interest to tell you what a waste of money
>the speaker cables are when the companies selling to the audiophool
>market provide the publishers advertising revenue.

That sure does count for QST too, and the other amateur magazines out there.
-

QST reviews are different from other magazines.  They have nothing to gain
by biasing their review one way or the other.

QST purchases all items being reviewed.  They do not purchase as QST, but as
an individual (not always the same person).  If work is required to correct
a malfunction or defect in the test unit, the individual contacts the
manufacturer, not QST.  How do I know this?  I bought the Orion tested by
QST last year - won the sealed bid auction.  When it was delivered to me I
noticed the call sign of the original purchaser on the original shipping
tag.  Last month I announced this to TenTec sales manager Scott Robbins W4PA
during a TDXS meeting about the new Orion II.  He told me TenTec never knew
which unit had been purchased for the QST review until after it was
published.

73, Keith NM5G