[Amps] AL-1500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-1500
From: <k5go@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 23:16:22 -0400
I'm sick after using one of my AL-1500 amplifiers to check an unknown 8877.
High voltage came up fine but when I closed the relay with about 5 watts drive,
it immediately blew both mains fuses.  I replaced the defective tube with the
original, and it does not blow fuses but the grid current shows higher than it
should with very little drive and does not decrease with heavier loading.  I
knew something was wrong and stopped at about 400 watts before applying more
drive. Any input before I start diaassembling the thing would be appreciated.

Stan, K5GO