Re: [Amps] Sierra Electronics 5kW load/meter

To: craxd1@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Sierra Electronics 5kW load/meter
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:03:14 -0700 (PDT)
I wouldn't put a "cheap" N-UHF adapter on a 5kW dummy load...

:-D

Joe

Will Matney <craxd1@verizon.net> wrote:
All,

I just won a rackmount, 5kW termination load, with peak reading wattmeter off
ebay. The load was made by Sierra Electronics, division of Philco. The model is
a 400A-Z. I'm now looking for a manual on this and checked at Bama with no
luck. Do any have any info on this load/meter, or where one might find it? A
link to the item is below to see which one it is by the pics. I also need to
buy a new converter plug from a N connector to a UHF type SO-239 female. The
one I have here is in pretty poor shape and need a good cheap place to buy one.
Last, I wonder how hard it would be to convert this to a thru line type so it
can be switched between load and antenna? Thanks all for any help.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Philco-400A-Z-Peak-Power-Wattmeter-Rack-Mount-5000-Watt_W0QQitemZ7537709171QQcategoryZ1504QQcmdZViewItem

Best,

Will