Re: [Amps] Caps for Alpha

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Caps for Alpha
From: "Dennis Sokol " <dajs@accnorwalk.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:53:17 -0400
Ameritron has increased its capacitor size from 210uf to 270uf in the AL-1200
and AL-1500 amps. A Alpha tech at Dayton last year told me they were thinking
about increasing the size of the filter cap for their amps but I don't know if
they have done it.

I replaced the eight, 240 uf units in my BTI with eight, 470uf 105 degree
Nichicon's and it works great. That's what I had in my junk box.
Personally, I feel 320uf units are about optimum which would give you an
equivalent capacity of 40uf.

73, Dennis W0JX