Re: [Amps] Amp Question

To: Dave Meitzen <dmeitzen@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp Question
From: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:48:08 -0700
Dave Meitzen wrote:
> Does any company manufacture a solid state amplifier that senses the input
> frequency, automatically selecting the proper band and then auto tuning the
> antenna selected?

Elecraft is very shortly (a few months) going to release its KPA800
which has that capability.  The initial version will be capable of 800
watts SSB and 1KW CW, and some time later they will release a 1500 watt
version.  The amplifier can accept band information from Kenwood, Yaesu,
Icom, Elecraft, etc. but also has an autosense capability for exciters
that don't provide it.  It has a built-in autotuner.

The prototype was demonstrated at Dayton and Visalia this year and I've
been told that field tests will begin shortly (I don't work for them so
I don't know exactly when 'shortly' is).  It will be priced very
competitively compared to other units of similar capability, and may be
available as a partial kit as well as ready-to-go.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco