Re: [Amps] more sb220 questions

To: Bob Alexander <realex@flash.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] more sb220 questions
From: John Adkins <w4kv@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:35:03 -0700 (PDT)
Bob--
Thanks for the suggestion.  I've already removed the wiring to/from the ext
xformer, and I'll
remove the connectors in the next couple of days.  I'm going to leave the
Amperite relay in place,
since it does no harm.

I'm also going to remove at least two of the sides of the socket shield so that
cooling can be
improved.  I plan to leave the other two sides because removing the feedthru
caps is such a pain.
If you think it's a mistake to leave any of it, let me know.

15 or so years ago, Robert Kozlarek, WA2SQQ, compiled "The Complete Book of
SB-220 Mods."  It
looks like the previous owner of this amplifier make most of the modifications
listed in the
compendium.

Weep.

Thanks