[Amps] W6PO 2m amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] W6PO 2m amp
From: Patrick Egloff <pegloff@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 20:31:43 +0200
Hi All,

Can anybody help me understand how the W6PO 2m amplifier is working ??

I want to build the same design but with a 4CX1500B tube that i have here.
The 2 anode quarter wave lines are 8,5 inch long but grounded by 2 blocks at
about 6 inches from the anode feeding. Do the 2,5 inch shorted part have an
influence in the tuning ? Why are the tubes so long if only a much shorter
part is needed ?

It would be interesting to shorten these tubes and so significantly reduce
the size of the enclosure.

I suppose that there will be a slight difference in tuning between the
original 8877 and the 4CX1500B, but that could be corrected by sliding the
tube.

73, Patrick TK5EP
http://tk5ep.free.fr