Re: [Amps] Thanks!

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Thanks!
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 06:15:21 -0500

>In addition to W4EF's web page on the 78, you might also enjoy having a
>look at Matt Erickson, KK5DR's interesting piece on the Alpha 76 series
>(including the 78) at http://www.qsl.net/kk5dr/ETO76PDF.htm   However,
>one of the best sources for information on Alpha Amps is John Brosnahan,
>W0UN, right here on the Amps reflector.

Actually, the first Alpha I ever owned was an 86.  The BEST guy to know is
AE0Q at Alpha Radio Products.  And Alpha is getting more and more info
on-line about their amps, including "legacy" amps.  Things such as the
low-power mod, bandpass adjustment, blower replacement, and legacy amp
specifications.    http://www.alpharadioproducts.com/techtips.asp

If you have an 87A you really should download the new manual.
http://www.alpharadioproducts.com/support/87amanual.pdf

--John  W0UN