Re: [Amps] 3-500Z and ZG triodes

To: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z and ZG triodes
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:17:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hi John,
Is there some reason you don't want the graphites?  I have found them extremely
rugged -- the Eimacs I had literally fell apart.  I've been abusing mine (RF
Parts Brand -- Taylors, I believe) in my Henry 3K-A fairly regularly over
approximately 3 years now, and they simply keep on making power.  I've had them
very bright orange on nice loooonngggg AM round-tables, been through a few
contests, and I would definitely buy them again.  They will still do about 2kW
output easily.

Joe, N3JI

"John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov> wrote:
All I can find anymore are 3-500ZG for sale. Is anyone making stamped
plate 3-500Z like Eimac used to, with the vertical fins? I believe
that the ZG have the horizonal anode fins, with graphite anode.

73
John
K5PRO