Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-811H-- Again

To: "R. Measures" <r@somis.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-811H-- Again
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 18:35:00 -0700
" This was c. the same time that I found out that General
Electric Medical had cancelled a contract with Dick because he failed to fix
the problem of sudden 8877 failures in a MRI amplifier that he was
manufacturing for G. E."

As I recall, the "parasitic" problem with the Alpha amps occurred at exactly
the same time that Eimac made a batch of bad ceramic tubes (in particular,
the 8877).   At the same time you were analyzing the problem, Eimac changed
the construction of the tube.  I am still amazed that your analysis of the
parasitic problem in the Alpha amps resulted in reduced problems for Alpha
owners, even though Alpha did not implement your ideas.

Colin  K7FM