[Amps] Help for Quadra 12 1nd 10 meter enable

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Help for Quadra 12 1nd 10 meter enable
From: "Richard Cardwell" <richardcardwell@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 10:57:39 -0400
Gang
I am having trouble with the 12/10 meter mod for Yaesu VL-1000 Quadra. For
those who have made this mod (and it  is supposed to be easy!) I have a few
questions:
1) Is the J1015 connecter the one in the lower left hand corner on the bottom?
2) Is pin #7 (to be shorted to ground) the one 7 positions in from the LEFT of
the     connector?
3) I used the upper right mounting post for the circuit board as the ground. Is
   this OK?

The unit ignores the ground and pressing F SET, TUNER and DISPLAY 2 when
turning on - it boots normally?
THis is getting me down. Anyone have any ideas

Thanks

Rich, AA2BY