[Amps] why not 3-500Z

To: "R. Measures" <r@somis.org>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] why not 3-500Z
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:00:14 -0600
Amperex/Covimag tubes continue to be distributed by Richardson
Electronics, but I heard through the grapevine that they no longer
'own' the Covimag facility as a captive supplier. One can inquire for
a 3-400Z/8163 from REL, but the price would be steep if they had new,
and even so with NOS. It doesn't make sense to beat the bushes for
that tube when a 3-500Z would probably work in the same socket with
minor adjustments.

73
John