[Amps] Ameritron AL-1500 Problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Ameritron AL-1500 Problem
From: "Jose E. Ribeiro Sa" <zemurtosa@mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:18:49 -0000
Good afternoon
Maybe some of you can give me a clue about this problem
Iam experiencing with my Ameritron AL-1500 amp.

A couple of days ago I switched on the AL-1500 and when
I started TXing there was no output power at all (zero watt),
the HV was OK (3300 Volts), but no IP and power mesurements
in the meter. Theres an ALC reading.

I thought in could be some kind of bad contact in the 8877 lamp so I took it
off cleaned the lamp socket metal contacts put in on again and the Linear
amp. was working ok at full power. === so far so good ===

Next day when I turned it on is WAS NOT TXing again, the problem was still
there
but after some tries the amplifier started transmitting at full power again
and worked all day
long.

This morning again the same, but this time its not transmitting at all, I
tried to to see if I could detect
any malfunction but nothing, all seems OK, the amp. seems to be working ok,
but no Power out
no matter what I do.
I also noticed that the impedance between the radio and the amp has changed
because SWR in the
radio is way too high (and before the match was perfect without SWR).

I will apreciate your feedback and ideas about what might be originating
this problem.

73   Jose  CT1EEB