[Amps] Peter Dahl Transformer in a SB-220

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Peter Dahl Transformer in a SB-220
From: "Robert Dorchuck W6VY" <w6vy@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:14:39 -0700
Has anyone replaced the original HV transformer in a SB-220 with a Peter
Dahl transformer?

There are 3 listed on his website for the SB220,SB221 and HL2200
with ratings of 1.0 or 1.3 amps. The physical size listed (all 3 are
the same) is to large in the width dimension to fit on the chassis
by about an inch. The mounting holes are different but that can
be worked around.

I did email the company and received a response that it would fit.
I re-measured the available space on the chassis and still found
the width one inch to wide.  I sent a second email questioning the
dimensions but have not received a reply.

If anyone has used one of his transformers in a SB-220 I would
appreciate the model number of the transformer and if you
encountered any problems.

Thanks,

Bob  W6VY