Re: [Amps] arent we a little off topic here??

To: "Sean Williams" <m1ecy@m1ecy.me.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] arent we a little off topic here??
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:18:37 -0700
On Oct 10, 2005, at 12:19 AM, Sean Williams wrote:

> Erm, call me picky, but arent we discussing Amps here? - If I wanted
> to join
> the "Lets tear a strip off the ARRL" mailing list I would have done
> so........
>
> The ARRL Handbook is a valuable tool for many AMATEURS, lets stop
> slagging
> it off......
>
> Back to the amplifiers.....

For many years, The ARRL Handbook / The Radio Amateur's Handbook was
the main source of information on building amplifiers, so  it's
relevant.  In1989, an ARRL staffer acknowledged to me that they were
quite aware of a number of projects in *QST* and the ... Handbook that
would not work without circuit changes, but that since the projects
were from elderly staffers at HQ who had achieved guru status, it was
thought best not to embarrass the codger.  - - - Damn, and now I am
one!
cheers, Sean