Re: [Amps] FW: alpha 87a and Pro II question

To: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: alpha 87a and Pro II question
From: "Bill Coleman N2BC" <n2bc@stny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:21:27 -0400
I don't know about an Alpha, but I do know what happens when you run 600W
into a TenTec Titan.  I had a small brain lapse when I reconfigured things
in the shack and ran my KWS-1 through the Titan.  The Titan was off at the
time but there was a bit of damage. I suspect an Alpha would not like it
much either.

The Titan is always sniffing for RF even when it is in 'receive'.  The
coupling cap in the Titan vaporized but not before a bunch of other
circuitry turned into charcoal.   T'was a mess.

True Confessions

73, Bill  N2BC