Re: [Amps] Best RF-Ground Story

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>, "R.Measures" <r@somis.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Best RF-Ground Story
From: "Mike Sawyer" <w3slk@uplink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:08:52 -0400
I remember along time ago when I was still naive, reading an article in that
'Q' magazine about loading into well casings. The idea was that it worked
just like a vertical but instead of the radiating element in the air, it was
in the ground. The thought was that the 'mirror' of the RF wave would be
generated above ground. I guess they did have some success with it. However,
its a far cry from the analogy you quoted.
P.T. Barnum was right, "No one ever went broke under-estimating the
intelligence of the American public!"
Mike(y)
W3SLK