Re: [Amps] TWE T500M Linear amp

To: Amplificadores Lineales <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] TWE T500M Linear amp
From: GGLL <nagato@arnet.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:26:11 -0300
        Many thanks for all the answers; I've noted also the error in the
drawing.
        This is not the same model, mine's has five selectable HF (2..30 MHz)
segments, or either an "auto" position for auto band selection. Has four
modules with TRW brand RF transistors (although one was previously repaired
and changed to CTC brand transistors), nice five output lowpass filters with
heavy duty in/out relays (Guardian Electronics type). Input power splitter has
some burnt resistors, so Dave's schematic is of great aid, I suppose the
resistor values may be very close in both models, tomorrow will see.
        Regarding Magnus Metron MA-1000 (pointed at as identical), the only site
which could have a downloadable schematic (sonic.ucdavis.edu) is no more
available.
        What I'm intrigued is about power rating; because it's fed from 13.6V
supply,
a 500 watts output one suppose a big load to the batteries, so I guess it's a
500 watts input one, am I wrong?.

Many thanks
Guillermo - LU8EYW.