[Amps] Really BIG Amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Really BIG Amps
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:45:38 -0500
My education in physics has led me to keep track of developments in D-T
fusion over the years.  One recent paper described the use of an amp to
impart 40 megawatts of RF energy in the range of 25-45 MHz to the plasma in
a Tokamak reactor.  This is one method used to heat the plasma.

Any idea what kind of circuit would be used for an amp like this?  The
article mentioned that an array of 10 antennas was used to inject the RF
directly into the plasma.

73, Keith NM5G