Re: [Amps] Bird 43 Blown / Repair ?

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bird 43 Blown / Repair ?
From: "Merit Arnold" <w6nq@rfparts.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:02:18 -0700
Jeff;
It may also be possible your slug blew it's detector diode.
The current through the meter movement is only1.4 times the current (at 1
kw) vs. 500W.
If you move the slug to point directly up (not connecting), it will short
the meter input.
Thus, the meter vain will exhibit a damped response vs. what it would
indicate with slug out of meter.
If you see this, then the meter movement is likely undamaged.
Should it be the meter movement, they are available separately and you don't
have to do any calibration, just replace.

Merit