[Amps] AL-1200 on AM

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] AL-1200 on AM
From: "Daniel Hileman" <n9wx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:02:55 +0000
Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of buying an AL-1200 (as opposed to the 1500, because of the
3cx1200's great track record) and am getting interested in AM operation, I
have Kenwood TS-850s which is supposed to be GREAT on AM.  One of these
days, I will get a nice Big Boat anchor..but for now the 850 will have to
do. My question is, how much carrier can I safely get out of the 1200?? I
figure my 25 watt carrier from the 850 will NOT drive the amp hard on AM,
but just curious. If I had the ability to drive the amp on AM, what would be
a safe carrier limit out of the amp?

Thanks for all your input,

73,

Daniel N9WX