[Amps] L4 PS question TSPA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] L4 PS question TSPA
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:16:56 -0700
There is a possibility that the arc (either from the RF deck/tubes or
in the wiring/connections) took out something in your power supply
now.

You probably should check each of the series electrolytics, diodes
and the resistors across the caps, with a ohmmeter and hi pot the
caps with a small (450 V) power supply to check leakage, that it is
uniform for all of them. You might discover some crud leaking out of
on or more caps too. You can upgrade that power supply to modern
electrolytics (same uF in smaller cans) or try to reform your 'lytics
after testing them, using the same high voltage power supply. Check
the forward conduction for each diode too, using a power supply and
series R, or a battery that can turn them on, with a series R.

While at it, check the 3-500Zs with the high potter, now that there
has been an arc somewhere.

73
John
K5PRO