Re: [Amps] 220V wiring: Was Question about safety ground connection

To: baycock@direcway.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 220V wiring: Was Question about safety ground connection
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:02:25 EST

In a message dated 11/16/2005 8:08:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
baycock@direcway.com writes:

As is  normal- I do not take much that Measures says as gospel- How many
pieces  of equipment, wired for 220 or 240, have you seen that have
internal 120  usage? I have one dryer that has a 220 heater and lights
and timers that  run on 120. Do all your amps use 220 to the PS and to
the fans? Not  many.
Bill-W4BSG

ALL modern day amplifiers that run on 240v that is to say (2 hots and a
bond) run their 120v acc's off the center tap of the dual primary transformer
windings and one leg of the 120v incoming.  They do NOT use bond to carry  any
currents.