Re: [Amps] MRF448 amp

To: Ron Spencer <ronspencer@nc.rr.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] MRF448 amp
From: "Carcia, Francis A HS" <francis.carcia@hs.utc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:12:11 -0500
That amplifier should only be about 50% efficient so for starters your
current should be about doubled.
A bipolar transistor will only have .6 to .8 volts on the base. Check the
temperature of each device after transmitting to see if they are all pulling
their weight. Sounds like the drive is ok since both stages are drawing 10
amps. Check data sheet for resting collector current to make sure you are
not stuck in class c.