[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Amps] FL-21200B

To: "R.Measures" <>, "Alek Petkovic" <>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FL-21200B
From: "k7fm" <>
Reply-to: k7fm <>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 06:44:12 -0800
List-post: <>
"The resistor most probably did not have a manufacturing defect, so 
replacing it will likely not solve the
underlying problem."

Question.  Are you saying that if there is a 9.5 ohm resistor that was 
caused by a manufacturing defect that replacing it with the correct value 
might solve the problem, while if the 9.5 ohm was caused by aging that would 
not solve the problem?  Are parasitics smart enough to understand how 
resistors go bad?

Logic seems to counter your proposition.  If there was a manufacturing 
defect, then there would have been no changes in operating conditions since 
new - which means that the possible parasitics would have occurred 
previously.  But, if parasitics have not occurred for many years, then the 
likely cause is a change in conditions - which most likely is due to aging - 
unless electrons are subject to inflation.

Most parasitic suppression resistors seem to be in the 50 to 100 ohm range.

73,  Colin  K7FM 

Amps mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>