[Amps] Alpha 78 on 17 Meters

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 78 on 17 Meters
From: "Frank N. Haas" <kb4t@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 15:45:38 +0000
Dear AMPers:

What is the best method to put an Alpha 78 on 17 Meters?

This model of Alpha normally doesn't require tuning in the conventional
sense on 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 because of its broadband ("bandpass") output
stage. However, one can switch to a conventional tuning mode, if desired.

Neither the conventional tuning method or the bandpass setup for 20 or 15
meters produces any output on 17 meters.

The amp works perfectly in every respect. Before I go adjusting the input
stages or making any other changes, I thought I would test the waters to
see if any of you have experience in this area and might be able to share a
technique that works well.

Thanks.

Frank N. Haas KB4T
Florida