Re: [Amps] Ouch - 23 Ohms ?

To: "Dan Sawyer" <dansawyer@earthlink.net>,"David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ouch - 23 Ohms ?
From: Karl-Arne Markström <sm0aom@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:08:31 +0100
The only way I know about to find out the design impedance
of a directional coupler if you can't "reverse engineer" it, is to
terminate the main line with a variable resistance, connect a test signal
and vary the resistance until the signal coming out of the
decoupled port goes through a null, when the coupler is oriented to read
reflected power.

Then the resistor setting is = the design impedance.
There are coupler designs where the resistance of the internal terminating
resistors are unrelated to the design impedance.

73/

Karl-Arne
SM0AOM