Re: [Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback

To: K1JJ@comcast.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:10:14 EST

2 cent reply de k5gw:

You will need a reliable test setup to know when you have reached your
design goals. You might consider starting with the test setup and do a thorough

evaluation of your FT1000D before beginning the amplifier project. Depending on

the results, you might have to adjust your expectations. One possibility is
that  the FT1000D power output could be reduced to say 50 or 100w and achieve
IMD  levels you are wanting. This could eliminate two or three stages of the PA
 chain. No way to know without testing and adjusting bias levels.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 12/14/2005 11:49:58 A.M. Central Standard Time,