Re: [Amps] Want to use a knob with a 3/8" opening on a 1/4" Â? shaft.

To: <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Want to use a knob with a 3/8" opening on a 1/4" Â? shaft.
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 07:40:58 -0800
Merry Christmas to the group.
A possible cheap and easy fix for this problem: find a local r/c model shop and
ask where the K&S tubing and metal stock is.  K & S makes specialty metal stock
for small applications, their brass tubing (both round and square) from the
smallest to the largest size will telescope nearly perfectly diameter to
another.  HO gauge model train shops might stock K&S also.
This would be a way of sleeving the 3/8 " id hole down to 1/4".
Just an idea.
73 and merry Xmas to all,
Gary...wa6fgi