Re: [Amps] Drake L-4B fan - too small and too slow?

Subject: Re: [Amps] Drake L-4B fan - too small and too slow?
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:48:49 -0500
Jason Buchanan wrote:

>The Dayton 4C761 fan is rated at 50CFM, 2840RPM, 115VAC 60hz.  If you
>reduced the input voltage i'm sure it would handle the 50Hz AC.  You'd
>probably want to do this since this fan pushes a lot of air and is a
>little noisy.

Ok, I couldn't resist.  I had to plug it in and play with it.

It's not as loud as I thought.  With a bit of back pressure it's fairly
quiet actually.  I would say it's a tad louder than the AL-811 I have,
but the AL-811 cabinet resonates at a lower pitch (guessing 500hz) where
this little fan has a higher pitch (guessing 900hz).

The intake of the squirrel cage Dayton fan is the same diameter as the
hole in the L4 - a couple small screw holes drilled in the L4 chassis
and some self-tapping screws will hold it nicely.  You'd probably want
to isolate it with some rubber washers.

regards,
Jason

--