Re: [Amps] How about this furnace?

To: "m.ford" <k1ern@direcway.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] How about this furnace?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:58:22 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 09:34 PM 1/1/2006, m.ford wrote:
>During the Katrina disaster there was a noticable increase in both official
>and morale traffic on the af mars phonepatch net.
>
>See for yourself at http://www.svs.net/afa1en/scoreb5.htm
>
>According to my log about forty percent of my traffic was with aircraft
>located "on the other side of the world" and doing their darndest to bring
>assetts back home.

OK, but we have a different definition of "emergency" traffic. I was
using emergency in the sense of "there's been a major disaster,
people are dying, send help now". You were using it in the sense of
"Hi mom, Suzie, the kids and I are all ok".

For the kind I was talking about, 100 watts from a battery powered
rig is sufficient.

73, Bill W6WRT