[Amps] Corona

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Corona
From: PA3DUV <pa3duv@planet.nl>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 10:43:12 +0100
WIth 500 watt into my HiQ 5-80 centerloaded vertical on my car the 2 mm
diameter whip top was launching corona flames on 40 and 80 meters.
In order to run the Henry SS750 @ 1100 watt output into the HiQ 5-80 center
loaded vertical I had to put a 1" aluminium coronal ball on top.
http://www.qsl.net/pa3duv/mobant.html

With 5000 watt carrrier on 80 meters into the 2 mm diameter copper wire of my 2
x 20 m center fed dipole no corona discharge could be observed.

Cheers, Dick
PA3DUV