Re: [Amps] Tuned Input

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tuned Input
From: "Bob Selbrede, K6ZZ" <k6zz@ccis.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:43:27 -0800
Hey that's pretty nifty.  I have the LDG AT-897 which is
probably the same thing in a different package.  It works
FB.  Too bad there isn't room for one in my MLA-2500 project
amp.  I wonder though, isn't something like this overkill?
It would seem that tuned/switched matching networks or one
broadband network would be all that is needed.  Also,
doesn't drive impedance of the tube(s) change with drive
level and wouldn't create havoc with the tuner adjusting
automatically?  I'm probably off base on that thought but I
figured I would offer it up anyway...

73, Bob K6ZZ