[Amps] Ten Tec HERC II model 420 ---- TSPA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Ten Tec HERC II model 420 ---- TSPA
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:02:41 -0700
I just got 3 of these from a discontinued scientific project here. We
are using one to drive a resonator which is used to flip the spin of
ultra cold neutrons which get polarized in a superconducting
solenoid. It is running about 200 watts CW now at 29 MHz, and we
would like to get it up to 500 but the Ten Tec is not rated for 500 W
CW, only SSB or 50% DF I believe. I am looking at another amplifier,
made by Kalmus for the final install. The Hercules II is a nice
little package however. The power supply is not.

73
John
K5PRO