Re: [Amps] SB-200 Amp with 811 tubes?

To: 'D Conklin' <dconklin@neo.rr.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 Amp with 811 tubes?
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:55:38 -0800
Going backwards from 572Bs to 811As is an unusual conversion because it
results in less power.  It's also unusual in that the 811A has a lower plate
voltage rating, so the HV power supply would require modification.  If you
put 572B plate voltage (2400V) on an 811A, it's likely to make the tube
fail.  I'd check to see that the HV isn't over 1500V before using 811As in
there...

WB2WIK/6