Re: [Amps] Building Or Buying A Tuned Input Network

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Building Or Buying A Tuned Input Network
From: "Bob Kirkland" <w5pvr@copper.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:34:58 -0600
Carl,
Use a dual 350/400 ufd cap out of an old tube type bc set. Coil should
be 1 and 1/2 to 2 inches in dia approx 60 turns. Center tap the coil.
Connect one side of the coil to one stator on the cap, the other end
of the coil goes to the other stator. The center tap hooks to the
rotor. Don't mind my approx, this will get you in the ball park. Ck
with a grid dipper, you won't believe it. I built one that tunes from
2 to Mhz. Intend to use it in a 8877 amp this Summer. Almost forgot
both sides of the dual cap  must be equal in ufd, Use a cap checker or
a grid dipper with a 100 ufd cap. across one side at a time.  Close
the cap., and adjust the coil turns for equal low frequency or pull
plates out of the cap if you have to.
Bob,w5pvr