Re: [Amps] Copper / Brass strap?

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Copper / Brass strap?
From: John Popelish <jpopelish@rica.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:28:29 -0500
Jim Kearman wrote:
> I'm going to need to make connections between a 2-section bandswitch and the
> coil, padding caps and tuning/loading caps in a legal-limit HF amplifier. I'm
> looking at copper and brass sheet. I've never tried to bend or fold the
> stuff, so I'm not sure which one to use, nor what gauge. Suggestions
> appreciated. Thanks.

I wouldn't even consider brass, given its much higher resistance, and
less malleability.

You might go to McMaster Carr:
http://www.mcmaster.com/
and enter [copper strip] in the search box.
They have square edge strips, round edge strips and silver plated
square edge strips (though many only in larger sizes and thicknesses) .

For instance, a 1/16" thick, 1/2" wide 6' strip costs less than $8.