Re: [Amps] AC to DC

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] AC to DC
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 23:55:25 -0500
Johns correct. I'm not for sure what the relay looks like, but some had a set
screw on the armature which prevented it from fully closing. It was set for a
paper thin air gap. A small pieace of paper glued to the armature would work if
there's no setscrew. A DC relay has to rely on the resistance of the wire for
the voltage used to not burn out and create enough magnatism to pull in the
armature. An AC will have less turns due to the fact it acts like a primary of
a transformer to make a short explanation. Plus the DC relay again, will not
have the shunt.

Best,

Will