[Amps] Master Voltohmyst

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Master Voltohmyst
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 07:42:46 -0500
Guys and Gals,

I know this is OT but I had to share this. I recently won an RCA Master
Voltohmyst off ebay for $38.00. I bid and by mistake did not see the seller had
paypal only clear at the bottom of the page in one little line. Not where you
could see it easily under the description above all the photos. Also I was
following three of these at the time to bid on one of them making it easy to
get them confused. After I seen what I'd done, I e-mailed them with an apology,
and offered to pay the full amount plus 10% for any problems that may be
incurred. Now this being pay by a US Postal money order which is as good as any
cashiers check, really better where it's from the USPS. What did I get, a smart
answer back saying, "Auction clearly stated PAY-PAL ONLY. Sorry, that is the
only form of payment I will accept". I then e-mailed the seller back this, "All
I know to offer then is still a postal money order for $38.00 + 10%($3.80), or
pay the difference in ebay costs between myself, and the bi
 dder under me. That bid was for $37.00 by ebay ID; wjm6112. That would
probably be an ebay charge difference of $0.25 at the most. Please let me know
where to send it to or any other if they do not take it, and the next down on
the list does which was ebay ID; traumabob at $28.99. I do not use ebay now,
and have not for over a year. There is no bank account for it. Sincerely, Will
Matney". All I'm wondering from the group here is where are there any logic to
what this seller done at all? People of the world really amaze me

Shakes Head,

Will