Re: [Amps] cathode to ground in tetrode amp

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] cathode to ground in tetrode amp
From: Mike Bondarev <mikebond@tochka.ru>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:08:25 +0000
Hello!

> IMHO, the cathode resistor is not "obviously a mistake."  Rich
> Measures' website (and I) often recommend some cathode degeneration,
> aka negative feedback, primarily to help linearity.

If you are using "standard" Russian made socket for GU-84B tube (like
this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/GU-84B-4CX2500A-Svetlana-CHIMNEY-Socket_W0QQitemZ5858878407QQcategoryZ4675QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
 )
it already have small value resistor (0,43 ohms) installed inside the
socket. This will give you a small negative feedback. So you don't
need anymore! Just connect socket to the ground. You must have stable
voltage supply for screen and greed.

Regards, Mike RL3BM