Re: [Amps] Amp for sale on eBay

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp for sale on eBay
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:29:45 -0500
Peter,

The old D&A's had several faults. First, was a low plate voltage (about 750
VDC). Second, he had wire run under the chassis for miles. He tried to mount
the driver tank circuit at the front of the chassis with the tubes in the rear.
All that wire made things squirelly. Last, the tubes were ran straight G-G with
no screen voltage, and on some no control voltage. Some, all three grids went
to ground where the gain was lowered over it. Plus, the 6LQ6 was about 3/4 as
powerful as a 6KD6 or 6LF6. The larger models like the Maverick 250 and the
Phantom 500 really need a third stage pre-driver to get it up to where it
needed to be.

Best,

Will